Re: dynamic modules packages with Guix

From: Aurélien Aptel
Subject: Re: dynamic modules packages with Guix
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2017 23:06:11 +0100

On Sat, Feb 18, 2017 at 2:44 PM, Ricardo Wurmus <address@hidden> wrote:
> What pre-built Emacs modules are you refering to?

native binaries that can be loaded in emacs.

http://diobla.info/blog-archive/modules-tut.html

> Guix builds everything from source in an isolated environment (it does
> not link with libraries that happen to be installed on the system).

dynamic modules don't link against the system emacs but against the
libs they want to expose. ELPA is made for emacs lisp modules and
cannot be used for dynamic modules. I mean it could, but I don't think
we want to go there.