Re: Failure building Emacs master

From: Angelo Graziosi
Subject: Re: Failure building Emacs master
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2017 19:59:51 +0100

Cc: address@hidden
From: Paul Eggert <address@hidden>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2017 13:59:08 -0700

In <http://bugs.gnu.org/26102#39> you asked not to remove the POP source
code.

Not the POP source code, the fact that we build and install movemail
by default.

I installed the attached patch to try to improve the 'configure'
diagnostics. Please feel free to revert or improve it if you think the
patch makes this confusing area even more confusing.

Thanks.  The message is fine with me, but I think Angelo should tell
if it's clear enough now.

Really, I don't like the warning from 'configure' for a default feature. In any case now the message seem clear enough and you can "close" this "issue"..

Just out of curiosity, what would be installed if one uses "--without-pop"?

Thanks,
 Angelo.