Re: mouse-wheel-scroll

From: Richard Copley
Subject: Re: mouse-wheel-scroll
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2017 20:02:25 +0100

Hi Eli,
On MS Windows, one WM_MOUSEWHEEL event doesn't always mean the same
as another. Programs need to examine the wParam to find the scroll
distance. As far as I can tell Emacs doesn't do that. This might
(possibly) explain Kunihiro's results, if what Raymond Chen calls a
"sub-detent mouse" was involved. (See "Scrollbars bart [sic] 6 – The wheel",
"https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/oldnewthing/20030807-00/?p=42963";.)

I can't verify that with my hardware. For me Emacs scrolls 5 lines
per click.