Re: lisp/term/ns-win.el modification

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: lisp/term/ns-win.el modification
Date: Mon, 01 May 2017 09:30:06 +0300

> From: Jean-Christophe Helary <address@hidden>
> Date: Mon, 1 May 2017 07:23:55 +0900
>
> > What's the rationale for adding NBSP?  Also, is it only the NBSP
> > character that's missing, or there are others?
>
> It depends on what the definition of "trimming a string" is.

No, I was asking about this particular context.  You are trimming
whitespace from file names, is that right?  Can NBSP appear in file
names on macOS?  Can it be appended/prepended to file names by some
other software, without being part of the file names, in the usage
scenario you want to support?

> If we use the Unicode definition of white space, we need to add a lot more
> strings:
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whitespace_character#Unicode

Emacs's [:blank:] already supports the full Unicode definition, so
that's not the issue.  The issue is what is TRT in this particular
context.  I don't use macOS X, so I simply don't know the answers to
those questions, and I'm asking you and those who do know to please
provide enough background for us to make the right decision in this
case.

Thanks.