Re: [ELPA] New package: vdiff

From: raman
Subject: Re: [ELPA] New package: vdiff
Date: Sat, 20 May 2017 07:56:39 -0700

VDiff is nice, have been playing with it the last couple of days.

One piece of feedback/ the commands that scrol the vdiff buffers are
presently calling `message' with the id of the window being scrolled --
suspect it was there for debuggging. That ended up killing
speech-feedback that was relevant in my case, for now I worked around it
with the following piece of advice --- but not having to do that would
be nice.
(defadvice vdiff--scroll-function (around emacspeak pre act comp)
  "Silence messages."
  (ems-with-messages-silenced ad-do-it))