Re: [Emacs-diffs] master ed8b4e0: Prevent running vc-tests writing to ~/

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] master ed8b4e0: Prevent running vc-tests writing to ~/.bzr.log
Date: Mon, 22 May 2017 16:52:08 -0400

>> This is one big patch.

I don't think adding the same 7 lines to 4 functions is big,
nor something that should be split into more than one commit.

>> What's so important in disabling logging while running tests?
>
> Bazaar records everything it does on the ~/.bzr.log file.  I guess
> Glenn doesn't want the records from running the Emacs tests to bloat
> his log, as those logs are not really interesting.

Right.
I think running tests should not interact with HOME at all,
and certainly should not write there.
(Perhaps test/Makefile should export a temporary HOME,
but tests can still be run not via the Makefile.)