Re: [ELPA] New package: dired-du

From: Tino Calancha
Subject: Re: [ELPA] New package: dired-du
Date: Fri, 26 May 2017 23:57:18 +0900 (JST)

On 2017-05-26 09:02, Tino Calancha wrote:
New library implementing a Dired interface for `du'.

This is nice, but why isn't this directly in dired? I don't think we should
assume that Emacs is feature-frozen and evolve it only through new packages.
Otherwise we risk fragmentation, and we contribute to the general feeling that
Emacs isn't optimally usable right out of the box.
I agree that it might be handy to have this feature into Emacs core.

Cheers,
Tino