Re: Before l10n, better practices for (message) ?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Before l10n, better practices for (message) ?
Date: Sat, 27 May 2017 10:49:14 +0300

> From: Marcin Borkowski <address@hidden>
> Cc: Jean-Christophe Helary <address@hidden>, address@hidden
> Date: Sat, 27 May 2017 06:08:24 +0200
>
> On 2017-05-23, at 04:55, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > Just replace it with 2 different spellings dispatched by the number.
>
> I guess you are aware that 2 different spellings are not enough for
> certain languages...?

I guess you are unaware that I'm the team leader for one of the TR
translation teams? ;-)

Yes, I know very well that 2 spellings are not enough for some
languages.  However, the above was written with only 1 language in
sight -- English -- which we currently support, so it would be
ridiculous to provide a more complex dispatch as long as other
languages aren't supported.

> Good luck with l10n.
>
> (I do not want to discourage work on it.  But I'm afraid it's more
> difficult than many people think...

This complexity is already accounted for in gettext, AFAIK.