Re: Native display of line numbers

From: Stephen Berman
Subject: Re: Native display of line numbers
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2017 18:56:24 +0200

On Thu, 22 Jun 2017 23:27:08 +0700 Yuri Khan <address@hidden> wrote:

> In Emacs, as far as I can tell, visual line movement only affects
> movement, killing still works by logical lines.

Surprise:

  C-k runs the command kill-visual-line (found in visual-line-mode-map), which
  is an interactive compiled Lisp function in ‘simple.el’.

  It is bound to C-k, <deleteline>.

  (kill-visual-line &optional ARG)

  Kill the rest of the visual line.
  With prefix argument ARG, kill that many visual lines from point.
  If ARG is negative, kill visual lines backward.
  If ARG is zero, kill the text before point on the current visual
  line.
  [...]

Steve Berman