Re: Native line numbers, final testing

From: James Nguyen
Subject: Re: Native line numbers, final testing
Date: Sun, 02 Jul 2017 12:27:30 -0700

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

> I've finished development of this feature and pushed the changes to
> the scratch/line-numbers branch.  "Visual" line numbers are
> implemented, and all the known bugs should be fixed.  I also added
> documentation.
>
> Please test and report any problems you find.  If no grave bugs show
> up, I will probably land this on master in a few days.
>
> Thanks to everybody who sent feedback and reported problems and
> feature requests.

Pulling the latest changes this morning (I believe I was 11-13 commits
behind before I pulled.)

This breaks a crucial setting on evil-mode.

Setting this variable.

(require 'evil)
(setq evil-move-beyond-eol t)
(evil-mode)

Documentation: (for evil-move-beyond-eol)
Whether the cursor is allowed to move past the last character of a line.

Go to any line. Press $ in 'normal' mode. It will go to the end of the
line past the last character in the line. Trying to go backwards now
will error 'args out of range'.

For context, that variable is very important to get to cursor point to
evaluate the last s-expression properly. Sorry if that's a little vague.

Turning off display-line-numbers makes it work as expected.