Re: VC menu ?

From: Tino Calancha
Subject: Re: VC menu ?
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2017 22:31:20 +0900 (JST)

On Thu, 6 Jul 2017, Ted Zlatanov wrote:

On Thu, 06 Jul 2017 07:27:12 -0400 Mark Oteiza <address@hidden> wrote:

MO> Sarcasm aside, if you had ever flipped through the Emacs manual or
MO> scrolled through a list of keybindings, you would have been aware of VC.

I think menu-driven UI discovery is fun and an essential part of the GUI
experience. We should not expect users to be diligent readers[1].
IMO, Emacs newcommer's suggestions on the menu are an important input.

I must admit that i have the following in my config file...:
(when (fboundp 'menu-bar-mode) (menu-bar-mode -1))

... So please take my opinion on this topic with a grain of salt.

Certainly, as Kaushal Modi, i use completion (Icicles) to explore the
Emacs commands. That said, the menu is a valuable source of discoverability source as well.

I must agree with Jean-Christophe that VC might occupy a more prominent
place than games. I bet most of Emacs users are more interested in VC than in the games. PD: I also would like thanks Jean for open interesting threads causing many debate.