Re: debugging elisp ?

From: Jean-Christophe Helary
Subject: Re: debugging elisp ?
Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2017 19:49:30 +0900

> On Jul 9, 2017, at 18:44, Marcin Borkowski <address@hidden> wrote:
>

> On 2017-07-09, at 10:03, Jean-Christophe Helary <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> Is there a way to run a given package/file step by step and see how
>> variables etc. evolve ?
>>
>> Practically speaking I'm running package.el and I'd like to have a separate
>> buffer where I see how things move under the hood.
>
> That's exactly what Edebug does!

My limited understanding of the documentation tells me that I can't keep the
debugger working during the whole package session. I can call it on
package-list-packages and it will run until the package list is displayed, and
then it quits.

Does that mean that I have to mark all the package functions for debugging ?

Jean-Christophe