Re: In support of Jonas Bernoulli's Magit

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: Re: In support of Jonas Bernoulli's Magit
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2017 06:20:53 +0200

On 2017-07-11, at 01:30, Richard Stallman <address@hidden> wrote:

>   > > Step 8 is easy if you make a list of all the contributors, one per
>   > > line, and add a * once a contributors's papers are done.  I think that
>   > > will be faster and easier than using RT to keep track of them.
>
>   > This looks to me like reinventing Org-mode.
>
> Nothing like Org mode.  Org mode is complicated and I want something
> simple.  My method uses only a few general-purpose Emacs commands:
> C-p, C-n, C-s, C-a, * and SPC.

What gives you the impression that Org-mode is complicated?

The Org method would use only _one_ basic Org command: apart from C-n,
C-p and C-s, you'd only need C-c C-t (unless you are fine with typing
TODO/DONE manually).  Of course, you'd also be free to use C-c C-n/C-c
C-p, C-c C-f/C-c C-b and above all C-c C-/, which could be tremendously
helpful.

Best,

--
Marcin Borkowski