Re: Deprecate TLS1.0 support in emacs

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Deprecate TLS1.0 support in emacs
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2017 08:25:36 -0400

  > It is a refusal to access a resource because somebody has determined
  > that a specific protocol (HTTP + TLS1.0) is something that our users
  > shouldn't be able to use.

I agree -- our software should not absolutely refuse to communicate
a way that we judge risky.  We should explain the situation and state
how to enable that method (perhaps with a user option).

  > tell the user "you tried to access this via a secure channel.  It's not,
  > but here's the ... anyway".

I agree.

  > but here's the content anyway".

Please don't use the word "content" to refer to works or publications.
The term disparages all publications.
See https://gnu.org/philosophy/words-to-avoid.html.

--
Dr Richard Stallman