Re: pure-fns in byte-opt.el

From: Mark Oteiza
Subject: Re: pure-fns in byte-opt.el
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2017 21:00:00 -0400

On 25/07/17 at 10:14am, Andreas Schwab wrote:
On Jul 24 2017, Mark Oteiza <address@hidden> wrote:

I was curious about what other functions might be pure and could be
added to this list.  While I seem to have guessed correctly on some,
I am perplexed why adding string-to-char breaks things:

Strings are not immutable.

Right, thanks.  Elisp lacks immutable strings, and string literals
aren't eq.  Marking string-to-char would result in sexps turning into
string literals--I just don't know what's happening in bootstrap.

The "listp" in the error makes me wonder if the byte compiler is
perhaps turning a quoted form into a string.