Re: Some hard numbers on licenses used by elisp packages

From: Mats Lidell
Subject: Re: Some hard numbers on licenses used by elisp packages
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2017 16:54:11 +0200

Hi Jonas,

> Jonas Bernoulli writes:
> * I have contacted nearly all of the authors of packages that appear to
>   not specify a license. [...]

Wow. Great work!

Yes. My gut feeling from the small number of authors I have spoken to in
regards to this thread, is that they are positive to do the right thing and
just needs a bit of advice to get going.

During this thread I have been reading up on what advice is available to
authors and I find this page to be pretty good and short:

    https://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-howto.html.

Still I fear that it could be to long and even that page could use a shorter
intro. Like bullet points with links to longer explaining text when necessary.

>   What is needed now is patience. [...]

Yes. Lets see what your effort will bring.

Yours
--
%% Mats