Re: [ELPA] Package proposal: EBDB

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: [ELPA] Package proposal: EBDB
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2017 20:49:56 -0400

  > Perhaps apropos of the recent copyright discussions: there's a fair
  > bit of BBDB code still in there. I haven't gone through and measured,
  > but my top-of-the-head guess is around 15-20%. I've noted this fact in
  > the comments sections of the files, including the names of original
  > authors where applicable.

Alas, this does raise a copyright issue.  To include this in Emacs, we
need to get legal papers from all the contributors of code that is
still in your version (including you).  With the exception of anyone
whose contributions to Emacs (including this package) will be minimal
(under 10 lines or so).

--
Dr Richard Stallman