Re: Question about test failure on Hydra

From: Tino Calancha
Subject: Re: Question about test failure on Hydra
Date: Sat, 05 Aug 2017 22:07:38 +0900

Tino Calancha <address@hidden> writes:

> On Tue, 1 Aug 2017, Stephen Berman wrote:

>>> When i comment out i see the point in point-max, and the test fails
>>> same as you but: (dired-file-name-at-point returns nil)

>>> If somehow, we have in such Dired buffer the point at ".." _before_
>>> call `dired-revert', then _after_ revert the point is preserved:
>>
>> Yes, but the question is, how does point get there in Hydra?
I got the answer: because the Dired header line changed its size.
*) Before revert, it looks like:
"  total used in directory 8 available 37449484"
**) After revert, it changed to something like:
"  total used in directory 12 available 37449480"
;; 1 char longer: that mess up the saved position.
(See http://debbugs.gnu.org/27968).
> That's 1 million dollard question
I want my million bucks in a bag in the usual place; please, in small
bills.  No cops.