Re: syntax based indentation for SQL files (ELPA package proposal)

From: Alex Harsanyi
Subject: Re: syntax based indentation for SQL files (ELPA package proposal)
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2017 21:30:17 +0800

On Sun, Aug 6, 2017 at 12:05 PM, Stefan Monnier
<address@hidden> wrote:
>> I already posted twice on this mailing list about this package (see
>> links below).   While the response seemed positive to me, the package
>> was not added to ELPA but I also I did not receive a definite "not
>> interested" answer.  I after some thought, I decided to post about
>> this one last time.
>
>>     https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2017-05/msg00075.html
>>     https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2015-12/msg00943.html
>
> I think this is very interesting and should either make it into
> sql-mode.el or GNU ELPA (or both).  I'll be happy to help, regardless of
> the option you choose.

Hi Stefan,

I'm not sure what are the next steps for this?

I already have signed copyright assignment for GNU Emacs contributions
in the past.  The package has another contributor, Pierre T├ęchoueyres,
I'm not sure if he has signed the copyright assignment papers or not
(I just sent him an email asking this).

I don't have commit privileges for either the ELPA or the GNU Emacs
sources, so I cannot add the package myself.

I think this should be a separate package, at least initially.  Based
on feedback from Michael who maintains sql.el, there might be people
who prefer the way sql-mode works now, as it has been like this for a
long time.

Best Regards,
Alex.