Re: Licence of ts-comint

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Licence of ts-comint
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2017 16:48:20 -0400

"Support for LLVM/LLDB" is too broad to say anything about.  It makes
sense to include support for compiling Emacs with LLVM or debugging it
with LLDB, provided that doesn't require contorting the code.
When it would require that, we should tell them to fix their compiler
and debugger.

Running their programs from Emacs is a different matter.
Through generic interfaces, such as M-x compile, it will just work.
But we should not add code to Emacs to help people
replace GNU tools with competing tools that outflank copyleft.
We should not help defeat our work.

--
Dr Richard Stallman