Re: Refactoring flymake.el

From: João Távora
Subject: Re: Refactoring flymake.el
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2017 20:20:23 +0100

Dmitry Gutov <address@hidden> writes:

> That's great, but ultimately not so important, IMO. We can drop it in
> some future release, with the usual deprecation period.

Yes, I meant *some* backward compatibility. I was thinking of making a
big-list-o-define-obsoletes and eventually making it smaller. At the
beginning I would at least ensure that the flymake-easy.el
(github.com/purcell/flymake-easy) middleware keeps working, because that
seems to be used between flymake.el and third-party flymake-for-langx.el
libraries.

> Very happy someone is working on it

Thanks for the thumbs up, and I hope you can spare a little time later
on to review my efforts.

João