Re: Regarding Emacs, js.el, template-strings and syntax-tables

From: Anders Lindgren
Subject: Re: Regarding Emacs, js.el, template-strings and syntax-tables
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2017 17:19:05 +0200

Which version of bat-mode did you test?

The one that comes with Emacs 25.1. For example (with a custom theme to make strings stand out):
echo this should be a string, right?
foo %alpha
foo %alpha_beta
foo "%alpha"
set alpha=gamma
set alpha_beta=gamma
foo foo.in

Same question for some of the comments in the above web-page.  E.g. you
say "Strings containing “<<” are treated as heredoc comments", but AFAIK
this should only happen in fairly old versions of Emacs.

I see this in Emacs 25.1, for example:
echo "<<test"
test
I reported this over a year ago, for Emacs 25.0.93, see bug#23526.

I also see a reference to "bell_206.ps" but I can't find this file.

It's from http://people.sc.fsu.edu/~jburkardt/data/ps/ps.html -- I'll see if I can add it (or update the doc).

    -- Anders