Re: Suspicious warning in W64 build

From: Richard Copley
Subject: Re: Suspicious warning in W64 build
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2017 15:04:06 +0100

On 5 September 2017 at 14:38, Angelo Graziosi <address@hidden> wrote:
> I wonder if we can be comfortable with it...

No comment from me ...

> BTW, I see also a lot a lot of messages (surely harmless) like this:
>
> C:/msys64/tmp/src/lisp/calendar/cal-loaddefs.el and
> c:/msys64/tmp/src/lisp/calendar/cal-loaddefs.el are the same file

Yes, they are harmless. The call to 'find-file-noselect' in
'autoload-find-generated-file' in "autoloads.el" should pass second
argument 't', but it doesn't. Please report a bug! ;)

The next biggest source of noise from the Windows build is warnings
about printf format-strings, but that's due to GCC/MSVC compatibility
issues and I don't know a solution for it.