Re: Suspicious warning in W64 build

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Suspicious warning in W64 build
Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2017 23:17:40 +0300

> From: Richard Copley <address@hidden>
> Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2017 20:31:08 +0100
> Cc: Paul Eggert <address@hidden>, Angelo Graziosi <address@hidden>,
>       Emacs Development <address@hidden>
>
> Would you mind also suppressing warnings from find-file-noselect
> when called from autoload-find-generated-file, please, if you don't
> object?

Sorry, I'm not sure that's the right solution in that case.  We should
try to understand why the problem happens in the first place.  E.g., I
don't see it here (but I don't use MinGW64 or MSYS2).

> "Crazy" was too strong (not to mention insensitive) a word to use,
> but I still can't see that GCC is justified to warn when an
> expression's value _might_ be out of range based on operand types;
> taken to extremes that would rule out "alloca((size_t)n)". So either
> I'm still missing something, or there's a GCC bug, or the compiler
> correctly deduced that a negative number is passed in. I'm probably
> still missing something.

The only thing you might be missing is the fact that we passed the
compiler the -Walloc-size-larger-than=9223372036854775807 option.