Re: Emacs 26.1 release branch created

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Emacs 26.1 release branch created
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2017 22:59:51 +0300

> Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2017 12:59:41 -0400
> From: Mark Oteiza <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden
>
> I ended up going back on what I said in d24ec5854 after thinking about what
> I wanted to add, how the API should look, and going through some iterations
> adding those functions.  I think I'll leave it at those three functions for
> emacs-26.
>
> In the interest of reducing the amount of (duplicated) code, especially as
> more
> Lisp functions are added, I propose the following.  I followed from your code
> and from how it's done in xml.c, not sure if you have a particular reason for
> doing it one way or the other.

Hmm... I'm probably missing something, because I don't understand the
rationale and the intent of your changes.  You introduce a static
function lcms2_available_p that is not used anywhere else in the file?
And you removed lcms2-available-p without which Lisp code cannot know
at run time whether lcms2 support is available or not?  Where does
this lead?