Re: Sharp-quoting function symbols (Was: Native line numbers landed on m

From: Philipp Stephani
Subject: Re: Sharp-quoting function symbols (Was: Native line numbers landed on master)
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2017 18:36:38 +0000

Kaushal Modi <address@hidden> schrieb am Di., 11. Juli 2017 um 20:23 Uhr:
Hello all,

I can speak for myself that I religiously follow the convention to use #'SYMBOL instead of 'SYMBOL where SYMBOL is expected to be a function in the form where it's used; exactly for the reasons that Stephan mentioned. In addition, to the user it becomes evident if that symbol is expected to be a function or not.

I use that convention in my emacs config, packages, etc. I have even seen that convention in many other packages and configs too, from what I follow on emacs.stackexchange, reddit, etc.

This[1] is a very popular post out in the wild, by Artur Malabarba that explains why and when one should use sharp-quotes or hash-quotes.

If we are counting votes to add this to the official documentation, my vote is in :)

I, too, agree that sharp-quoting should be an official recommendation.