Re: Wish List: support making *scratch* persistent

From: Fanael Linithien
Subject: Re: Wish List: support making *scratch* persistent
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2017 18:07:53 +0200

<address@hidden>:
> Richard Stallman writes:
>
>>   >   The "persistent-scratch" package available from MELPA does   >
>> exactly what you want.
>> Would someone like to organize getting legal papers for this package, so
>> we can include it in Emacs?
>

> It seems like Fanael Linithien is the sole author. I'm CC'ing them to know
> if they are interested.

Can you tell me what exactly do I gain from giving up the copyright to
the FSF? My code is free software[1] and I'd prefer it stayed that
way.

[1] That is, under a *sane* definition that precludes source dumps and
other development models not accessible to the general public (like
Emacs, where only the FSF can contribute) from being free software on
the basis that they merely conform to the letter, not the spirit;
being allowed to contribute upstream *is an important freedom* that
you lot conveniently omit in your definition.