Re: [Emacs-diffs] emacs-26 3db388b: Speed up (format "%s" STRING) and th

From: Kaushal Modi
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] emacs-26 3db388b: Speed up (format "%s" STRING) and the like
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2017 16:57:22 +0000

Is it possible this would cause the echo area to be 3-lines high? Also noticed that the hydra.el[1] package is unusable after the latest build from emacs-26. My last good build was just before the commit related to format change.

hydra.el gives this error:

image.png
Even deleting and reinstalling that package (thus recompiling) does not fix that. Note that the hydra package hasn't changed in this duration.. I just rebuilt from emacs-26.

[1]: https://elpa.gnu.org/packages/hydra.html

On Thu, Oct 5, 2017 at 9:20 AM Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> wrote:
> My reasoning was that the change can be considered a bug fix, as it
> fixes a discrepancy between the docs and the actual implementation;

Ah, OK.  The commit message suggested it was only a performance
improvement, which is why I thought it odd for it to go to emacs-26.
Sorry 'bout the noise,

        Stefan

--

Kaushal Modi