Re: Flymake refactored

From: Mark Oteiza
Subject: Re: Flymake refactored
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2017 11:17:53 -0400

On 06/10/17 at 08:54am, John Wiegley wrote:

> MO> Nice. Adding to the pile, a LaTeX checker with chktex below.
>
> Should we take a look at the list of checkers provided by flycheck, for ideas?

Sure, I've been reading flycheck and syntastic (analogous package for
vim) for reference.

There are some things aside from checkers I think flymake should learn
from flycheck--may as well list some here:

- some way (global variable?) to disable checkers.  I for one never want
  checkdoc to run automatically
- fine control over when checks happen (again a global setting);
  for instance, on-the-fly can be troublesome if checking is expensive.
  flycheck uses a list: '(save idle-change new-line mode-enabled)
- popup a special buffer with all the error/warning/info listed