Re: `thunk-let'?

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: `thunk-let'?
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2017 23:22:09 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

> Given that "lazy evaluation" seems not to be described anywhere in the
> ELisp manual, I think we cannot get away with "---" here, and will
> have to add at least something to the manual.

Well, it's in subr-x because I'm not sure that it is yet a good idea to
"advertize it so loudly" as Stefan uses to say.  Nothing in subr-x is
described in the manual.

If we are sure that we want to document this right now in the manual, we
could document it together with thunks.  Though, I'm also not sure if
thunks won't be replaced with something more advanced in the near
future.

> > +(defmacro lazy-let (bindings &rest body)
> > +  "Like `let' but make delayed bindings.
>
> And this seems to use a different term for this.

Yes, I'll make this more consistent, thanks.

Michael.