Re: Emacs on QNX

From: Elad Lahav
Subject: Re: Emacs on QNX
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2017 17:17:43 +0000

On Wed, 2017-10-25 at 20:52 -0700, Paul Eggert wrote:
> I don't recall seeing it, no. Although this shouldn't prevent
> building on QNX,
> it does suggest a problem in the QNX implementation, which you should
> probably
> look into.

I forgot to mention that I did investigate the problem. The recursion
is not infinite, just very deep. In QNX all stack sizes are fixed,
including that of the main thread. The default size for the main thread
is 512K, but some elisp modules (e.g., verilog) require more in version
26 to compile. There is no such problem in the 25.x code. I wonder if
the modules themselves have changed, or something else is causing more
stack space to be used.
I can work around the problem by increasing the stack size of the main
thread, but it would be nice to understand the increase in stack usage.

--Elad