Re: Windows Installer for Emacs-27

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: Windows Installer for Emacs-27
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2017 14:39:50 -0500

On Tue, 07 Nov 2017 11:21:40 +0000 address@hidden (Phillip Lord) wrote:

PL> I've pushed a windows installer for a snapshot of Emacs-27 to
PL> alpha.gnu.org. Feedback is welcome.

PL> Currently, it installs to Desktop which is not right, but was easy.

PL> Few other known issues:

PL>  - asks for elevation but doesn't need it
PL>  - supposed to use show a logo but doesn't
PL>  - doesn't know how to uninstall an existing version

I assume you mean the contents of
https://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/pretest/windows/emacs-27/

In order to check for updates, can you also push a .txt or .json file
with enough information to identify the installer's version (which I
assume is also the Emacs version) and other metadata, like what DLLs are
included or even a manifest?

Then it will be easier to implement something in Emacs to check for
available updates on that platform by looking at that version.

Thank you!
Ted