Re: [Emacs-diffs] scratch/widen-less a4ba846: Replace prog-widen with co

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] scratch/widen-less a4ba846: Replace prog-widen with consolidating widen calls
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2017 20:18:53 +0000

On 12/2/17 5:13 PM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

So you'd rather see "no multi-major-mode support at all" than
"multi-major-mode support for some major modes"?

I think the feature should be fairly complete before it lands, yes.

It's not much of a feature, it's more of a codified protocol. The change in the manual is the actually important part.

And it's expected that some modes can choose not to follow it. Then they'll be no worse off than before its introduction. Multi-mode packages just won't be able to support them.

Then we should urgently remove the prog-indentation-context business
(i.e. revert to the Emacs-25 state of those features).

I don't really understand what this means in practice, sorry.

Removing all references to prog-indentation-context, prog-first-column and prog-widen.