Re: How to create a small child-frame which only show two lines

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: How to create a small child-frame which only show two lines
Date: Sat, 09 Dec 2017 11:35:42 +0100

> Thank your for your help, I have solved the problem: I add (window-min-height
1) and (window-min-width 1))
> to my code and let my English main font is taller than my Chinese fonts.

Would setting `set-frame-font' for that child frame help then?  Provided
you can say in advance which of your fonts should be the dominant one
for the frame in question.

BTW, note that setting these parameters

    (set-window-parameter window 'mode-line-format 'none)
    (set-window-parameter window 'header-line-format 'none))

is generally only needed when you show the corresponding buffer in a
"normal" window and in a child frame window.  If you show the buffer in
a child frame only, setting the buffer-local values of
`mode-line-format' and `header-line-format' to nil usually suffices.

martin