Re: mouse-drag-and-drop-region

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: mouse-drag-and-drop-region
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2017 09:50:11 +0100

> I re-re-re-revised mouse-drag-and-drop-region.  I'm sending reply to
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2017-12/msg00258.html, ChangeLog,
and patch.

> * ChangeLog
>
> 2017-12-16 Tak Kunihiro <address@hidden>
>
>          Improve comments and have four new options
>
>          * lisp/mouse.el (mouse-drag-and-drop-region): Have option to make
dragging cut among buffers. Make usage of tooltip option.
>          (mouse-drag-and-drop-region-cut-when-buffers-differ): New variable.
If non-nil, text is cut instead of copied when dragged among buffers.
>          (mouse-drag-and-drop-region-show-tooltip): New variable. If non-nil,
text is shown by tooltip in a graphic display.
>          (mouse-drag-and-drop-region-show-cursor): New variable. If non-nil,
point is set to where the mouse cursor.
>          (mouse-drag-and-drop-region-face): New variable for face. The face
is used to highlight the original text.

Thanks.  I resend you yet another revised version which mostly fixes the
doc-strings of these options and replaces the option
`mouse-drag-and-drop-region-face' with a face
`mouse-drag-and-drop-region' inheriting from the region face.  Please
have a look.  Unless you or someone else sees problems, I will install
it.

Thanks again for your efforts, martin