Re: 26.0.90: mark-defun problem in c-mode

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: Re: 26.0.90: mark-defun problem in c-mode
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2017 10:34:32 +0000

Hello, Eli and Zhang.

On Sat, Dec 30, 2017 at 12:30:29 +0200, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > From: zhang cc <address@hidden>
> > Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2017 09:49:17 +0000
> >
> > When cursor is in the second function body, mark-defun can’t mark
> > the second function.

> "M-x mark-defun" works fine here with your example.  Where exactly
> should cursor be in the second function body to reproduce the problem?

I see the error, with point anywhere in the body of the second function.
Critical seems to be there being no blank line between the functions.

I think there's a bug in beginning-of-defun-comments, which I'm in the
middle of edebugging.  It moves point into the first function.

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).