Re: About the removal of pinentry.el

From: Nicolas Petton
Subject: Re: About the removal of pinentry.el
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2018 08:00:24 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Eli,

I'm putting Daiki Ueno in Cc.

> Once again, the NEWS entry doesn't mention pinentry-emacs at all.

That's why I mentioned it here.  My thought was that pinentry.el might
have been removed while it is still a useful package.

> So I wonder what is it that I'm missing here.

I think that pinentry.el is still useful today for pinentry-emacs, when
configuring gpg-agent to use it.

> AFAIU, the NEWS entry just says that pinentry.el and the related
> features are not needed with GnuPG >= 2.1

Maybe pinentry-emacs can work without pinentry.el, and I'm not aware of
that?

Cheers,
Nico