Re: Child-frame can not move to proper position when run "env GDK_SCALE=

From: Robert Pluim
Subject: Re: Child-frame can not move to proper position when run "env GDK_SCALE=2 emacs"
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2018 14:45:24 +0100

martin rudalics <address@hidden> writes:

>> That returns the position in pixels,
>> unscaled, so I think it's correct.
>
> Thus we can be sure that the caller of our position functions can
> always contine to think in terms of unscaled positions so scaling is
> "transparent"?

I think so. I think that should be our goal anyway.

> I think that after you fixed all this we should somewhere add a
> paragraph to the Elisp manual explaining whether, why and how this
> works.

That depends on what you mean by 'this'. If you mean 'Emacs always
works in pixels regardless of scaling', then 'Coordinates and Windows'
in windows.texi would be a good place. I'm just not sure we can
guarantee that yet (I know that e.g. frameset-restore misbehaves in
the presence of scaling, and I haven't tracked down why yet)

Robert