Re: Where is the code for the Emacs server in the core?

From: George Plymale II
Subject: Re: Where is the code for the Emacs server in the core?
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2018 10:51:55 -0500

Thanks a lot for the information. Your advice has been quite helpful and
I think that I've found some of the regions of code that I was looking
for. At least it's a start so hopefully I can figure the rest out.

One more thing I'd like to have a second opinion on:

> The Mac port doesn't support multi-tty with GUI.  The developer has no
> idea how to detach Emacs as a GUI application from Window Server or
> Dock without separating a GUI process (not thread) from the main Emacs
> (Lisp evaluator) process.  TTY-only multi-tty is supposed to work.

That is Yamamoto Mitsuharu's statement on why multi-tty is not supported
on the Emacs Mac Port. Does plain GNU Emacs have this problem? If so,
how does it get around or solve it? I have to assume that plain GNU
Emacs is also attached to the Window Server or Dock as well so I'm
wondering if there's something I'm missing.