Re: auto-revert error on macOS when auto-revert-use-notify is t

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: auto-revert error on macOS when auto-revert-use-notify is t
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2018 16:34:06 +0100

zhang cc <address@hidden> writes:

Hi,

>     I will put it in my TODO. If time permits, I'll work on this, if
>     nobody beats me.
>
> Thank you for your attention and your work.
> My English is poor. I’m afraid I can’t discribe it clearly. Maybe
> someone else can do it?

I've pushed a patch to the master branch. It recreates a file
notification in autorevert, if a file was deleted and recreated
afterwards.

Since autorevert watches directories, the solution was simpler than
expected. The `create' event for the file from the directory is a
perfect trigger.

Could you, pls, check whether it works for you? I have extended the
`auto-revert-test02-auto-revert-deleted-file', which runs OK in my
environment. Testing on macOS (kqueue) is not possible for me.

Best regards, Michael.