Re: please review new branch feature/byte-unwind-protect

From: Markus Triska
Subject: Re: please review new branch feature/byte-unwind-protect
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2018 18:37:31 +0100

Hi Tom,

Tom Tromey <address@hidden> writes:

> I recently wrote a couple of patches to add two new bytecodes to Emacs.
> These make it possible to compile unwind-protect without the need to
> introduce a closure for the unwind forms.

Thank you very much for your work!

I have one feature request that is related to unwind-protect, filed as
issue #23963:

This is only tangentially related to your immediate patch. However, as
you are now working in this area, I would like to use the opportunity to
ask you for your opinion on this construct. In my view, it would help to
reliably solve a long-standing issue with unwind-protect and possible
resource leaks. Would new instructions help with this construct?

Thank you and all the best!
Markus