Re: Loading a package applies automatically to future sessions?

From: Herring, Davis
Subject: Re: Loading a package applies automatically to future sessions?
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2018 04:51:36 +0000

> Of course, all of this would probably not be necessary were it not for
> the controversial nature of the GPL which leads to lawsuits a lot more
> than other open-source licenses.

While we're about clarifying these issues: the reason that fewer lawsuits are
pursued over software subject to permissive licenses is of course their lack of
provisions which anyone would expect to profit by violating.  (Innocent
mistakes are made, of course, but they are not litigated.)  The controversy
over the GPL of course also results from its provisions, but that makes it a
sister effect to the lawsuits, not a cause of them.

Davis