Re: Generation of tags for the current project on the fly

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Generation of tags for the current project on the fly
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2018 12:47:04 +0300

On 2/7/18 06:26, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

It would be nice to keep the index up-to-date automatically during all
that. Many users would expect that, I think.

Then I guess we should ask "etags -u" to do that automatically,
i.e. for every file name it finds in TAGS to check whether that file
exists, and if not, remove all its tags from the file.

Maybe with a new option (e.g. 'etags -u --prune'), because it'll likely take some time. I wonder how much the overhead is going to be.