Re: Emacs 26 MacOS bugs

From: Noam Postavsky
Subject: Re: Emacs 26 MacOS bugs
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2018 13:13:12 -0500

On Fri, Feb 9, 2018 at 12:22 PM, Ben McGinnes <address@hidden> wrote:

> Preceded by the commit I've been referring to:
>
> commit a0c7157a16481b0523ad20cda9115f9435188f73
> Merge: c24c5dc4a4 c787a49682

Looking at the diff of [a0c7157] (e.g., with git show -p --stat
a0c7157), I can see the merge mainly affected documentation and did
not touch src/nsterm.m, unlike [8fbf285] (the commit you identified as
the original source of trouble). By default git shows the diff against
the first parent [p1] which is the previous commit of master, if you
look at the diff against the second parent [p2] you see the diff
against the emacs-26 commit which was merged. The latter diff shows
the nsterm.m modification, indicating that master has the
modification, but emacs-26 does not.

[a0c7157]: 2018-02-05 07:50:22 -0800
  Merge from origin/emacs-26

https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/commit/?id=a0c7157a16481b0523ad20cda9115f9435188f73