Re: What improvements would be truly useful?

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: Re: What improvements would be truly useful?
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2018 21:49:06 +0100

On 2018-03-07, at 20:36, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:

>> From: Marcin Borkowski <address@hidden>
>> Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden,
>> address@hidden, address@hidden
>> Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2018 19:30:07 +0100

>> > WYSIWYG, of course.  Otherwise it would make no sense to talk about
>> > indentation with variable-pitch fonts and pixel-level justification.
>>
>> Have you ever seen LyX?
>
> What would it add to the current discussion?

Next to nothing, except that variable-pitch fonts and pixel-level
justification do not imply WYSIWYG.

Personally, I don't care for the idea of having a word processor on top
of Emacs, although I admit that it might be interesting.  I think the
resources to do that could be better spent elsewhere.  But if someone
wants to do it - I have nothing against it.  I might even start to use
such an application.

Best,

--
Marcin Borkowski