Re: wait_reading_process_ouput hangs in certain cases (w/ patches)

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: wait_reading_process_ouput hangs in certain cases (w/ patches)
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2018 18:12:22 +0200

> Cc: andrés ramírez <address@hidden>,
>  address@hidden, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>, address@hidden
> From: Matthias Dahl <address@hidden>
> Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2018 10:54:00 +0100
>
> @Eli: Those patches are, imho, clearly Emacs 26 material as well. And
> along those lines, and I don't mean to be pushy at all :), I would like
> to bring up the wait_reading_process_output fixes as well. I still think
> it would be a good idea to get those into Emacs 26.

I don't think it makes sense to put this on the emacs-26 branch,
sorry.  I even have evidence: the fact that one of the hunks
re-introduced a previously solved bug, as pointed out by Robert.

This code is very delicate and very central to Emacs operation.  It's
very easy to break Emacs subtly by seemingly-innocent changes in that
area.  We really need to test it much more than a few weeks before we
are confident enough it is bug-free.  The master branch is where such
changes should be tested.