Re: How to get the list of commits which is included in master but not i

From: Radon Rosborough
Subject: Re: How to get the list of commits which is included in master but not in emacs-26?
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2018 21:53:28 -0700

> How to get the list of commits which is included in master but not
> in emacs-26? Is there a git command or a tool can output such a
> list?

You want a list of commits, so refer to the manual page for
git-log(1). It says

  The command takes options applicable to the git rev-list command to
  control what is shown and how

so checking the "description" section of git-rev-list(1), we find

  List commits that are reachable by following the parent links from
  the given commit(s), but exclude commits that are reachable from the
  one(s) given with a ^ in front of them.

and further,

  A special notation "<commit1>..<commit2>" can be used as a
  short-hand for "^'<commit1>' <commit2>".

The answer to your question is therefore

  $ git log emacs-26..master