Re: Emacs-26.0.91: switch-to-buffer-other-window runs too slowly (about

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Emacs-26.0.91: switch-to-buffer-other-window runs too slowly (about 0.1s)
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2018 14:26:46 -0400

> If you can change x_make_frame_visible to not wait for MapNotify event
> in this case, or if you can avoid calling make-frame-visible in
> window--maybe-raise-frame, then maybe we could avoid that.  But such
> changes are not for Emacs 26.1 anymore.

I'm definitely not talking about 26.1, indeed.

But I think in the case where we move from window A to window B and both
are on the same frame we should either not call
window--maybe-raise-frame or else that function should do nothing in
that case.  Basically, I feel like if the movement is intra-frame than
no frame-level operations should be involved.

        Stefan