Re: modify-frame-parameters with floating point offsets

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: modify-frame-parameters with floating point offsets
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2018 09:51:46 +0200

> So this seems to be very window-manager specific. With two different
> implementations of Gnome-on-X-on-Wayland, I get the -20 offset, also
> with one implementation of Gnome-on-X. However GTK running under KDE
> does not have the issue. Also running Compiz-on-Gnome gets me the
> correct answer, but Metacity gets it wrong.
>
> That suggests to me itʼs a window manager issue, but Iʼm not sure how
> we could work around the differences.

The first question we have to resolve is whether the -20 offset
corresponds to what you see on screen - that is whether the left
external border is visible.  Maybe some windowing managers now break
with the tradition to expect the position of the "outer frame" and the
size of the "native frame".

martin