Re: Split `simple.el'?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Split `simple.el'?
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2018 08:52:13 -0400

> Right, these comparisons are not really fair unless the number of
> installed fonts is comparable.

[ I'm on another system now, but it's probably comparable to my X201s.  ]

How should I count them?

    % l -d /usr/share/fonts/*/* | wc

says there are 55 directories holding fonts.  Some of those contain
a single font in a single style, others contain a single font is various
styles, and others contain several fonts in various styles.

    % l /usr/share/fonts/**/*.?tf | wc

says I have 450 TTF or OTF font files installed.  Plus about 100 *.pfb.
And then there are also the *.pcf fonts (i.e. bitmap), of which there
are a bit more than 1000.

        Stefan